Neupro (Rotigotine) from Maple Leaf Medications.
( Top Brand Option )
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Neupro||1mg||84||$522.00||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||2mg||28||$164.00||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||2mg||84||$465.00||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||3mg||28||$225.00||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||3mg||84||$644.85||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||4mg||28||$237.00||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||4mg||84||$679.00||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||6mg||28||$280.00||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||6mg||56||$548.00||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||6mg||84||$815.00||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||8mg||28||$260.00||Add To Cart|
|Neupro||8mg||84||$750.00||Add To Cart|
What is Neupro?
Neupro, with the generic name rotigotine, is a transdermal system indicated to treat the signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. It helps improve the ability to move and decreases tremors, unsteadiness, stiffness, and slowed movement. This is also used to treat moderate to severe primary restless legs syndrome or RLS.
This non-ergot dopamine agonist has the capacity to activate dopamine receptors in the brain’s caudate-putamen. Through this mechanism of action, Neupro could help restore the balance of dopamine in the brain. This is available in Neupro Patch 8 mg, 6 mg, 4 mg, 3 mg, 2 mg, and 1 mg.
How to use
To begin, read the medication information leaflet that comes with this product. Do not use this transdermal system unless you have fully understood all the information and instruction in the guide. If you need further medical advice or have questions about using this patch, you may ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Remember to use Neupro regularly for best results. Each patch is usually worn and then replaced after 24 hours. You must replace the patch at the same time each day. Your Neupro patch dose will depend on your medical condition and response to treatment. Do not stop using this patch abruptly or alter your Neupro patch dosage, as it could lead to worsening conditions or withdrawal symptoms.
Step by step guide on using Neupro:
- Choose the Neupro patch placement area. The area should have clean, dry, and healthy skin – no hairs or skin folds. It could be placed on the stomach, on the side of the abdominal area, flank, thigh, hip, shoulder, or upper arm. Note: The patch should be applied to different areas each day. It should not be applied to the same area within 14 days. This will prevent skin irritation.
- Remove the Neupro patch from its protective pouch by pulling it apart and separating the two sides. Do not cut the patch into small pieces.
- Hold the patch with both hands. The protective liner should be on top. Bend the edges of the transdermal patch away from you until the S-shaped cut in the middle opens up.
- Peel off half of the liner. Be careful not to touch the sticky, medicated part.
- Apply the sticky part of Neupro to the clean area and carefully remove the remaining liner.
- Press the patch firmly onto the skin using the palm of your hands for thirty seconds. The warmth of the hands will also help the adhesive stick to the skin better.
- Wash your hands carefully upon application.
- Carefully peel off the used patch. Fold the sticky sides together and dispose of it properly.
- Wash the area with warm water and soap to ensure that the remaining adhesive and medication will be removed. You may use baby or mineral oil if there are still some adhesives after washing. Do not use alcohol or other solvents as these could irritate the skin.
- Wash your hands properly with mild soap and water right after removal.
- Mild skin irritation at the application site
- Loss of appetite
- Insomnia or trouble sleeping
- Increased sweating
Mostly, the side effects caused by Neupro are mild and will disappear in a few days even without intervention. If the adverse reactions persist or worsen, call your doctor or any healthcare professional immediately. You must also report severe side effects, such as:
- Severe dizziness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Worsening uncontrolled movement
- Mental or mood changes
- Unusual strong urges (i.e., on gambling or sex)
This is not a full or complete list of Neupro side effects.
Disclose your entire medical history, supplements, and prescription and non-prescription drugs you are talking to your physician before using this patch as they might interact with rotigotine. Some medical conditions may impact how your body will respond to treatment.
Be watchful for an allergic reaction while on this patch. Do not use it if you have a known allergy to rotigotine, sulfites, or any inactive ingredients the patch may contain. Immediately remove and alert your emergency line once you observe signs of hypersensitivity such as skin rashes, hives, swelling of the face, severe dizziness, and breathing trouble.
Avoid exposure to direct heat. Heat would cause the patch to release more drugs into your body. Thus, increasing the side effects. Moreover, if an area becomes irritated, protect it from sun exposure until it is fully healed. Sun exposure may cause further irritation and discoloration to the affected area.
It may cause dizziness and drowsiness so avoid driving, using machinery, and any activities that require alertness until you deem it safe. Limit alcoholic drinks or any substances that could trigger or aggravate the side effects.
If you will be undergoing an MRI or cardioversion, inform your doctor first. Some patches may contain metals and could cause burns during MRI or cardioversion.
It is still unknown whether this could potentially cause danger to unborn and breastfed children. To be safe, pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should avoid using this unless highly needed.
Neupro patch withdrawal
With the withdrawal, you may have unpleasant symptoms so do not stop using this patch before you speak to your doctor. Those symptoms include anxiety, irritability, agitation, fatigue, hypotension, and generalized pain.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Neupro’s drug classification?
Neupro classification is dopamine agonist (DA).
How long does it take for this medication to work?
It may take a few weeks before you notice improvements in your symptoms.
What should I do if Neupro falls off?
If the patch falls off, apply a new patch to a different area and change the patch based on your schedule.
How much does this medication cost?
You may check the pricing of this product by clicking here.
1mg, 2mg, 3mg, 4mg, 6mg, 8mg
28, 56, 84
Maple Leaf Medications has provided information from third parties intended to increase awareness and does not contain all the information about Neupro (Rotigotine). Talk to your doctor or a qualified medical practitioner for medical attention, advice, or if you have any concerns about Neupro (Rotigotine).