Caverject Kit (Alprostadil) from Maple Leaf Medications.
( Top Brand Option )
What is Caverject?
Caverject, with the generic name alprostadil, is an injection kit indicated to treat male sexual function problems, such as erectile dysfunction (ED). Erectile dysfunction, more commonly known as impotence, is the consistent lack of ability to sustain an erection that would be needed for sexual intercourse.
This prostaglandin E1 agonist has vasodilation effects and could also inhibit platelet aggregation. This drug binds to receptors and increases intracellular cyclic adenosine monophosphate. An erection could be induced through the relaxation of trabecular smooth muscle and dilation of the cavernosal arteries.
This is available in Caverject Kit 20 mcg.
How to use Caverject
To initiate, read the medication information leaflet that comes with this product. Never use Caverject if you have not fully understood the drug information, especially the instructions in the provided guide. In case you have any queries about how to use this kit or need further medical advice, you may ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Use this prescription medication precisely as needed. Do not alter your Caverject dosage as it is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. This drug will produce an erection within five to twenty minutes after it has been administered. The erection usually lasts for an hour. Note that this injection should only be used no more than three times in a week with at least a day of the interval.
Step by step guide on how to inject Caverject
Preparing the syringe
- Before doing this procedure, do not forget to wash your hands thoroughly.
- Open the sterile pack of the syringe but do not entirely remove the wrapper. Expose the sterile open part of the needle assembly. Use a 21 – 27 gauge needle.
- Remove the plastic cap of the syringe from the tip. Be careful not to touch the syringe tip.
- While still in the wrapper, hold the needle assembly and attach the needle to the syringe tip firmly by turning it clockwise until tightened.
Preparing the dose
- Remove the Caverject vial’s plastic cap and the cover of the diluent.
- Wipe the rubber stopper of the vial and the diluent using an alcohol swab.
- Hold the syringe in the barrel and remove the needle cap carefully. Set the needle cap aside.
- Insert the needle right into the center of the diluent’s rubber stopper. Make sure that the needle tip is below the level of the liquid. Pull the plunger back until the diluent has been withdrawn.
- Push the plunger until the 1mL mark of the syringe to remove the air and eject extra liquid back into the diluent’s vial.
- Hold the side of the barrel and pull the needle out in a straight line.
- Push the needle all the way down into the center of Caverject’s vial.
- Without removing or touching the needle, gently swirl the vial until the powder is fully dissolved. Then, turn the vial and the syringe. Swirl it once more to dissolve the powder in the neck of the vial. Do not shake the vial.
- Turn the vial upside down again to its original position. With the needle below the level of liquid, pull the plunger back slowly until all the liquid is removed from the vial.
- If there are some air bubbles in the syringe, gently tap the barrel until the bubble floats to the top of the syringe. Gently eject the air.
- Replace the needle with a 29 or 30 gauge, one-half-inch needle.
Injecting the Solution
- Wipe the injection site with an alcohol swab and let it dry,
- If not circumcised, pull the foreskin back and hold the tip of your penis with your thumb and forefinger. Then, stretch it lengthwise down your thigh.
- Squeeze the penis between the thumb and another finger until the site bulges out. Position the penis against the thigh firmly to keep it from moving.
- Remove the needle cap or cover and push the needle straight into the proximal third of the penis. Make sure not to inject it into veins or blood vessels.
- Steadily and slowly push the plunger down to eject medication.
- Carefully pull the needle out of the site and press the injection site gently for 5 minutes using a cotton swab.
- Dispose of the syringe and needles accordingly.
Side Effects of Caverject
Common side effects:
- Mild pain, irritation, and slight bleeding in the injection site
Mostly, the side effects caused by this drug are mild and temporary. If the adverse reactions persist or worsen, you will have to contact your doctor or any healthcare provider immediately. Moreover, report severe side effects, such as:
- Tenderness or swelling of the penis
- Unusual curving or lumps in the penis
- Priapism or prolonged erection for more than 4 hours
This is not a complete or full list of Caverject’s side effects.
Precautions when using Caverject
Before starting to use this injection, you must disclose your complete medical history to your physician, especially sickle cell anemia, blood-related cancers, and penis conditions such as Peyronie’s disease, angulation, or fibrosis. Some diseases and disorders may affect how you will respond to treatment. In addition, you must also talk about all the prescription drugs and nonprescription drugs you are taking because of possible drug interactions.
Be watchful for an allergic reaction while on Caverject. Do not use this injection if you have a known allergy to alprostadil or any inactive ingredients it may contain. Seek emergency medical attention once you notice signs of hypersensitivity, such as trouble breathing, severe dizziness, hives, swelling of the face, and skin rashes.
Using this drug will not protect you from sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea, hepatitis B, and HIV. Always use a safe and effective barrier method like condoms when having sexual intercourse.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Caverject (alprostadil) effective?
Caverject before and after results have proven that this medication is highly effective.
How long does Caverject last?
The effect of this medication could last for up to 1 hour.
Does Caverject injection increase the size of the penis?
This drug is only used to treat erectile dysfunction.
How can I learn how to inject this medication properly?
Your healthcare provider will demonstrate how to prepare and inject this drug. You could also watch an instructional Caverject video to be guided.
How much does Caverject cost?
You may check the pricing of this product by clicking here.
Solution for Injection
Maple Leaf Medications has provided information from third parties intended to increase awareness and does not contain all the information about Caverject Kit (Alprostadil). Talk to your doctor or a qualified medical practitioner for medical attention, advice, or if you have any concerns about Caverject Kit (Alprostadil).