Ever felt unexpectedly sick on a long airplane ride? Well, here are 7 steps to make your long airplane flights sickness free, or prevent sickness.
Airplane sickness is a form of motion sickness in which the inner ear, the body and the eyes send the brain mix signals causing symptoms such as; nausea, vomiting, dizziness and headaches to occur. It is a very common condition that can make motion experiences highly uneventful, and could be a major nuisance.
Down below is 7 steps in which advice and warnings are addressed to help individuals prevent motion sickness, or treat it in the moment, so take a look.
1) Do: Eat a minimum amount of food before your plane ride (24 hours before flight)
-Stick to low-calorie foods such as; veggies or some fresh fruits
– Eat dry crackers and drink ginger ale *calms nausea when flying*
Don’t: Do not overstuff your body with large amounts of grease and fat.
Do not consume salt foods or Dairy products
2) Do: Choose seat in the front part of the plane, close to a bathroom
– Keep air conditioning running to keep the fresh air flowing
3) Do: If you suffer with motion sickness, take medication to control it. Medication such as scopolamine can be quite useful for motion sickness.
4) Do: Consider therapies such as; acupuncture, biofeedback etc
Don’t: Do not consume medication if you are a frequent plane traveler
5) Do: Try drinking lots of herbal teas- used to treat airplane sickness
6) Do: Drink water every two hours during flight
Do not: Drink alcoholic beverages during flight
7) Do: Recline seats and close your eyes if nausea occurs
- breath slowly
Hopefully these tips will make your airplane experience as enjoyable as possible, but remember. If you are feeling sick, do not panic breath slowly and you will be fine.